Sunday, April 27, 2008

Rain...

...That will be the bane of my existence when dealing with this auto. First, with a roadster as a third car, it seems necessary to only drive when it is sunny. I hate to be one of THOSE people, but getting it out in the rain for extended periods seems shameful. Second, and more importantly, we have a carport, and not a garage (for shame!). Thus, it's difficult to spend a rainy afternoon working on it, when in fact, I am not completely shielded from the elements. On the bright side, I have no immediate maintenance plans before the engine work is started on Wednesday, so I was able to take it out for a few quick errands this morning while it was nice. I do want to get an interior detail done, which would be much easier on a sunny day. Besides, it's always best to clean and condition leather when it's warm. I took it through our favorite coffee shop (it's a drive through, and they know us by cars). Of course, after years of visiting in the Highlander with kids in tow, they were rather surprised to see me drive through in this ride. Turns out, the two people working there drive Benz's as well, so it was joyful conversation.

Not much else to report. I'm hoping that the engine work won't take too long, so I can get to work on some other things. My to-do list is only getting longer. I found an instrument cluster light bulb burned out. Think sun, and think good thoughts for the repairs on Wednesday!

No comments: