Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Good News!

Turns out that we were misinformed regarding the transfer of the vehicle title. Since it's older than 25 years old, no WA emissions inspection required! Good - I can use the 15 bucks for something else, I am sure.

When embarking on a do-it-yourself project, I have a curious habit of pre-spending any future savings on tools, equipment and other various things that will be used to save that future money. I think it's like my own financial time machine. So, I've made the following purchases in preparation for the projects I have planned:

The official M-B service manual
Ramps (I have jack stands, but I get creeped out being under a car, no matter what's holding it up)
A really large (18 qt.) drain pan - German autos seem to have pretty large oil pan capacities. For illustration, my 325i (2.5L Inline 6) holds 7 quarts. This 3.8L V8, 8 quarts. My dad's Chevy Silverado, 5.7L V8 - 6 qts.

I did get the tires inflated this afternoon. The car sat for 6 months, so you shouldn't be surprised to hear that the actual tire pressures were: LF - 20 psi., LR - 22 psi., RF - 23 psi., RR - 20 psi. I'm looking forward to driving it again, since I'm pretty sure it won't feel like I'm cruising on marshmallows.

That's it for now - planning on doing the transfer of title on Thursday, and moving it into our garage on Saturday. It's supposed to be 65 and partly cloudy, so maybe I'll get a chance to post some photos as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dad drives a GMC Sierra... :)