Sunday, November 30, 2008

Significant Completion


The bathroom is mostly done. I need to seal the tile and get a shower door installed, but it's a matter of waiting at this point. It's been a big project. We started Demo the last weekend in September, so it's been about two months to this point. We haven't moved back into the space completely, but it's close enough. The picture above is our new shower, with a glass block window where the old one used to be.

In addition to saving thousands of dollars, I also amassed the following tools and supplies, which can be used at a future date:

A Jigsaw
A Tile Saw
Several miscellaneous plumbing fittings
Extra tile that I may use for a mosaic at some point
A 12 gallon shop vac

I also picked up some plumbing and electrical tips from my dad when we has out to help.

Now, I'm going to try and avoid as many home projects as I can over the holidays.