Friday, May 2, 2008

She's back...

All put back together. The work discussed below is done. Those were the big things to worry about, from my perspective, so I'm moving on to the simpler maintenance now. For giggles, I called the local dealer to see if they had fuel filters in stock, thinking I could pick one up on the way. They did, but for $54. On the internet, they are $19. Looks like I'll be buying a lot of parts online for this thing. However, with that, comes the risk that it will be all taken apart, and then I'll need something else to fix whatever I'm working on. So, we'll just drive it for now. Maybe I'll get to that interior detail this weekend, and order a couple of parts. On the short list:

- Fuel Filter (I'm foregoing the pump at this time, after consulting with Hot Rod Devin.)
- Transmission fluid and filter change parts
- Brake bleeder (purchase - I'll get some use out of it) and fluid change
- Spark plug check/replace (the engine felt like it was missing a little bit on the way home).

Sunny and 63 on Sunday? Let's hope so.

No comments: