Monday, May 12, 2008

It's A Gas (Part II)

All done. I got the copper gaskets I was looking for today. They were such small pieces, the store didn't charge me. I felt bad so I bought some wiper blades, in case I ever drive it in the rain. Took about an hour to get it all together again, and once I got it started again (tricky, because there is a big air bubble in the fuel line after this operation) I verified that there were no leaks. To illustrate my confidence, I had Kim drive it to a board meeting tonight to make sure it runs right. I also noticed that the fuel pump whine from the back seems to have quieted down. I am not sure if it's my imagination, but wishful thinking says if the fuel filter is clear, then the pump needs to work less. I like the thought, even though that may not be the case.

Let's review:

Items Done:
Timing Chain Replaced
Oil Change
All Accessory belts changed
Rotor/Distributor Replaced
Sway Bar brackets tightened and replaced
New Coolant
Differential Fluid Changed
Interior/Exterior Detail
Wheel Nuts retorqued

Items to Do:
Transmission Fluid/Filter change (have parts - need time)
Flush Brake Fluid
Check/Replace Spark Plugs if needed
Fix dashboard light over tachometer
Troubleshoot FM reception
Check steering wheel play
Install new wiper blades

It is supposed to hit the 80s this weekend. I have an engagement tomorrow, and a friend in town Wednesday. I guess if I can keep from taking it apart this week, we'll definitely be crusing this weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yep, sends his wife to do his dirty work in case the car blows up after his fuel filter fix! Have to say, it drove much better and SOOO much quieter. Nice job, honey.