Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hardtops and Windshield Washers


It's sunny. Time to wash.

I put the hardtop on the car back in October, but I've never had the chance to actually clean it. It sat in a closet for a number of years before getting use this winter, so it was a good opportunity to get it cleaned and put a coat of wax on it. My able detailing and repair assistant is pictured above, as she helped me out quite a bit today.

The windshield washer fluid nozzles stopped working this week, so I popped them out of the hood. They are currently in an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner, trying to get the gunk out. I disconnected the tubes, had my assistant push the washer button while I ran fluid into a cup. It worked fine, but there was a lot of dirt in the fluid - maybe from the tank? In any case, that gunk seems to have gummed up the nozzles. We'll give the jewelry cleaner a shot, and if it doesn't work, I've already found replacements online that I can get easily.

No comments: