Friday, June 27, 2008

Baby has a new pair (2) of shoes...

Got 4 new tires for the Benz last week. The old ones were, well, old, but had new tread and were generally ok. The sidewalls were cracked, and not in the best shape, but passable. But, the car never felt quite right. A little thump here, a pull there. I thought that there might be a flat spot in at least one tire, because the car sat for a few months with low pressure. Tires are important, so why not get some peace of mind, right?

I completely underestimated how much of a difference it would make. I was out of the parking by abo0ut 100 yards before I realized I was driving a completely different auto. I let Kim run an errand. Without prompting, she noted how much better the car felt, and that it handled, accelerated, and generally drove so much better than before. Great stuff.

I also fixed the cover for the lower seat hinge. Just in the nick of time, Voila. Summer in Seattle has finally arrived. No rain, 75-85 degrees every day. We've spent quite a bit of time tooling around Seattle since the weather turned nice. We cruised up to the north side of the city for dinner last night and got a chance to do some real wind-in-your hair road tripping. Of course, I neglected to have Kim bring the camera, so you'll just have to imagine it for yourself.

This week, Kimberly is taking the kids away to see family for a few days. I have a few home projects planned (including redoing a flagstone walkway) so I am not sure how much time I'll get to do auto work, but I hope to get the brake fluid flush done. That will be it for the maintenance work for some time. We can then focus on what's actually broken, or not working the way I feel it should. Glad to finally be mostly done with working and onto enjoying the ride.

No comments: